Experience shows that an up-to-date and credible Business Case is necessary if you are to succeed with your projects. It is perhaps even the most important process tool for securing anchoring and change – of small or large projects, and of simple or complex changes.
We are about to embark on the 10th season of this popular and intensive 1-day course attended by more than 1,000 students from over 300 companies – and always with good evaluations. You should participate if you want to master this discipline.
You will get access to the latest insights and best-practice methods and tools, including being able to identify and estimate the value of projects – both qualitatively and quantitatively.
After the course, you can navigate around the most common pitfalls, so your Business Cases are consistent, up-to-date and credible.
The course refreshes basic skills and updates knowledge of current themes and Business Case usage, including:
- What are the basic elements of the Business Case?
- Which steps should I take to build a Business Case?
- Business Case as a process tool and the platform for change management, effective communication, benefit realization and portfolio management.
- Implementing Business Cases as a management tool in the organization, and how you can ensure the right governance around projects and Business Cases.
The comprehensive documentation includes
- Templates: Generic presentations and spreadsheets for assessments and analyzes.
- Concepts, models and toolbox with practical examples of solutions.
STRUCTURE AND FORMAT
The training is conducted at 1 intensive day and is divided into phases and themes according to a proven structure.
The format is a mix of short theoretical presentations, group discussions, film clips, cases and concrete exercises. The whole day is practice-oriented and involves the participants’ experiences.
Before the course, you must complete a survey to uncover your experience and background within Business Cases.
The course is relevant for everyone who works with change programs and projects. Your role is either in the decentralized reality where problems are felt and ideas and results are created, or at the management level, where overview is necessary to be able to prioritize and decide.
During the course we will puncture the many myths and misconceptions that are about Business Cases, so that you will subsequently be able to assess the quality of the Business Cases you become involved in.
The training will be conducted by senior partners from Faarup & Partners, all with deep practical experience from working with Business Cases and with extensive management experience from large companies.